F2P MoP F2P Hunter Guide

First off: Thank You bigdip and Lillhunter. This is a great guide and i really like it. I do have a couple points i would add. Maybe you consider it.

Add pre-BOA items to you item list. And an order in which you would buy the BOAs considering the biggest upgrade. I think that's really a concern for new players.

Stats: Give an overview about the stats of gear. Explain hit rating, why it is important and how much hit rating a hunter should have.

Expertise: explain it's function and give the number's. Like: 3 pieces of the Fang Set give 4 expertise = reduces chance to be dodged by 2,17%. And add Foreman's gloves. I didn't get them yet. Troll Racials gives 1%. and so on...
Agility: ..%AP, ...%crit; ..%dodge,
Crit rating: 1crit rating = ..% crit chance ( I do believe it scales linear at level 20.
Strength = No benefit at all (afaik).
Haste= a little table to see if it is worth stacking haste: xx Haste = Aimed Shot from 2,9 seconds to 2,45s.

I would really like to have an extensive reference for level 20 hunters. Searching on the web for those stats and number's is annoying and getting up to date numbers for level 20 would be great i think.

That's it for now: Don't take this the wrong way i just think we can get this 9/10 Guide to a full 10 with some additions. I really like that you two cooperated and I will gladly help and get the number's i mentioned if you consider adding them to your guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scatter Focus -
#showtooltip scatter shot
/stopcast
/cast [@focus][harm] Scatter Shot

Pet movement (need to be macroed one there own)
/petmoveto
/petfollow

Mouseover focus ( for easy focusing) -
/focus [target=mouseover]

CS pet assist -
#showtooltip Concussive Shot
/petattack
/cast Concussive Shot

Pet stun focus -
/stopcast
/pet attack [@focus][harm]
/cast Dash
/cast [@focus][harm] intimidation

Just a few macros, hope it helps.

This is an excellent guide and I mean a really excellent guide!

Thank you lil and bigdip for putting much time and effort in to make a really good guide.

Will definitely keep this as a reference point.

I see a lot of variety in hunter gear, probably because of all the changes.

What is the max damage built while still being hit capped against 20's? If all we need is 6 hit against 20, the Ancient Bone Bow will do it.

We can then use Herold Shoulders and Smelting Pants for Crit. I have ROP which also gives +3 and I could probably get Dwarven Hand Cannon if I use Spaulders and ROP for Hitcapping 20's (would be 7 hit).

Nice guide btw..

What is the max damage built while still being hit capped against 20's? If all we need is 6 hit against 20, the Ancient Bone Bow will do it.

I assume you mean for your horde hunt? And by dmg do you mean straight dps wise?

The variety isn't because the MoP changes it's because there are many different gearing combinations.. I would consider every linked hunt to be 8+/10

Dual haste trinkets, LFH, scouts medallion, shadowcraft spaulders, heartpiercer or boa gun, TCotB, boa mail chest, serra'kis, naga gloves, VBotW, smelt pants, prisoner shoes, RoP, Signet of Argas.

You know I am in favor of agi stacking but this is the setup I would consider.. I see big is viewing this also so maybe he will give different gear options.

Dual haste trinkets, LFH, scouts medallion, shadowcraft spaulders, heartpiercer or boa gun, TCotB, boa mail chest, serra'kis, naga gloves, VBotW, smelt pants, prisoner shoes, RoP, Signet of Argas.

You know I am in favor of agi stacking but this is the setup I would consider.. I see big is viewing this also so maybe he will give different gear options.

What if you get stunned.

What if you get stunned.

Then I die or maybe one of the 4 healers near me can throw up a heal. I am the original haste stacking hunt imo and I will never change that. Haste has won me countless fights, countless bgs and the lesser known effect of the 4% heal has saved my life countless times. My job is to kill things and kill quickly not to stay alive against heavy fire. If I'm dying because of stuns that means I am taking them instead of someone else and I did my job. I'm not into that whole run around mid avoiding everything going 20-0. If you have more then a 4 KB/D ratio you're probably doing it wrong (pocket healers void this statement).

@ferro: If we are talking straight dps (i understand the whole agm+resil has been considered bis for so long) I would consider getting atleast one haste trinket and trying to get the haste belt. Also try to get another wrist and enchant it with +1 agi and try to farm the standard scope

Users who are viewing this thread