F2P MoP F2P Hunter Guide

I am pretty sure not having an insignia is not BiS.
I'm not sure if you read this part as it was a newer part but I am sitting at 17 haste unbuffed.. With my pets 10% attack speed buff that=18.10% Haste= 0.44 Seconds faster. When I can shoot almost half a second faster that equals much higher dps which is my job. I have never been a fan of an item I can only use 4 times a bg and the only reason I would even use it would be for the resil probably.

Btw, I am in no way trying to troll or put you down, I don't know why you thought that.
Force of habit.. I understand that resil+agm is considered the basic BiS for trinkets but when I started playing the idea of shooting faster interested me.. I'm kind of an out of the box player and I guess that is why I consider dual haste BiS. I will debate which can be BiS all night as there maybe guests or people reading this that a debate can help persuade them but just know I won't change my mind more then likely :p

I see a lot of variety in hunter gear, probably because of all the changes.

What is the max damage built while still being hit capped against 20's? If all we need is 6 hit against 20, the Ancient Bone Bow will do it.

We can then use Herold Shoulders and Smelting Pants for Crit. I have ROP which also gives +3 and I could probably get Dwarven Hand Cannon if I use Spaulders and ROP for Hitcapping 20's (would be 7 hit).

Nice guide btw..

I personally don't think you should stack agility as a BM hunter. Your main shot is arcane shot, you should be able to put out consistent damage regardless of your gear. As BM, I would recommend stacking crit so you can add some burst to the consistent damage. If you have 20% crit, you will crit every focus dump no matter what. I'm attempting to get my hunter to 25% unbuffed crit, and I will get there eventually. Also, if you want to only focus on damage as a BM hunter, make your pet either the wolf for the plus 5 crit of the windserpent for the 5% magic debuff that will increase the damage of your arcane shot on your pets target. You can spec your pet ferocity for even more damage. AGM/trinket/haste trinket, pick those based on how much survivability you want. Obviously the haste trinkets will pump out more damage but you will lose the health, bubble, and freedom ability.

Pick based on what fits your play-style best and what you want to accomplish. This is why Lil and I couldn't put a true BIS set in the guide, there is none.

trinket... pick those based on how much survivability you want.
An insignia isn't necessarily a survivability item, it's extremely useful for getting out of stuns/I use it on slows sometimes/whatever else you can think of to land a CC and land a kill.

An insignia isn't necessarily a survivability item, it's extremely useful for getting out of stuns/I use it on slows sometimes/whatever else you can think of to land a CC and land a kill.

Then call it utility, it doesn't matter. As long as you cater your gear to your play style you can use any of those trinkets.

I'm going to be honest.. The only stun that would kill me 1v1 in cata was a ret pally HoJ. I wasn't going to gimp my dps even by 3 dps just for one stun. In MoP I find I need to have as much dps as possible to even contend with healers. I rarely find myself in MoP going "Oh I wish I had that insignia so I could have lived" besides maybe a sap spam while fcing.

I don't really like the term but I guess I am a glass cannon. I die alot and I kill alot. With my setup and my playstyle I just found that I kill enough compared to how much I die to consider being effective enough in bgs

That's not what my post was aimed at, Lil. I was referring to a stun that would keep you from scattering a healer or maybe getting a few arcane shots off to kill the efc. I understand where you and bigdip are going with playstyle, I'm just a little biased towards the insignia because I'm an arena hero at heart. I have to remind myself constantly that we're arguing about level 20 f2p bgs, and that there isn't enough CC floating around to make it (the insignia) infinitely better-it's just my preferred choice.

Lol don't ever think that I am talking about arenas.. I don't have enough time or want to even consider a serious arena.. I am speaking purely about bgs where I can get an aimed shot off 9/10 times (I know I would never in arenas). If I were to use the insignia to break a CC immediately and get a scatter off I could then not have a shot fast enough or that .01 change in attack speed could change the outcome.. I know it seems small but I'm sure arenas frequently come down to mili-seconds and it seems alot of times there has been times where a simple haste trinket not equipped would have changed the outcome

I'd have to say Insignia has the edge even in bg but kudos to you for sticking with your preference. What I do like a lot is switching the trinket once you used it for haste. Same with AGM even though that can be debated. Good discussion.

Recently started playing a Panda Hunter. Now I was wondering: what would be the longest time you can fully CC a single target?

Monkey Bad Manner: 4 s
Crane Lullaby: 4 s
Scatter Shot: 4 s
Quaking Palm: 4 s
Intimidation: 3 s

That would be 19 seconds of full CC. 41 seconds later you can do it all over again for 15 seconds.

Or would the Monkey's Bad Manner still DR with that Intimidation (12 or 16 seconds) later?

Anyone with more feedback on this matter?

From WoWWiki:
It should be noted that the server does not reset diminishing returns after exactly 15 seconds. Instead, it checks every 5 seconds if there are any diminishing returns that should be reset because the last spell in their category was cast on the target more than 15 seconds ago. As a result, a particular diminishing return category may take anywhere between 15 and 20 seconds to reset. Most addons guess that a DR category has reset after 18 seconds by default.
This still correct?

I never made a panda to see how quaking palm or the crane DRs but...

Monkey and intimidation DR with each other
Scatter is on it's on DR

Only ones I'm not sure about is the Lullaby and quaking palm however I know that they don't DR with the monkey or scatter but not sure if the DR with each other.

Monkey (4s) + Intimidation (1.5s) + Scatter (4s) + Quaking Palm (4s) + Lullaby (4s) = 17.5s

OR

Monkey (4s) + Intimidation (1.5s) + Scatter (4s) + Quaking Palm (4s) + Lullaby (2s) = 15.5s

It would only be helpful for locking someone out as all of them except intimidation breaks on damage

im sure lullaby (instant cast) shares DR with monkey stun(short cast time), dont forget pet dismiss for new stun within that "17.5second" lock out.
I don't know if Lullaby and Bad Manner DR with each other since they are both different schools of magic. And Pet dismissal should be done in the first Pet Stun.

If QP and Lullaby share DR and it takes 15-20 seconds to reset the stun DR then theres no way you can start with intimidation or Bad manner and be able to get full stunlock until the last CC.

If QP and Lullaby don't share DR then it should theoretically be possible.

Monkey (4s) (dismiss monkey) + Scatter (4s) (summon crane) + Lullaby (4s) + Quaking Palm (4s) >15s so the stun maybe reset and now you'll get the 3s intimidation

im sure lullaby (instant cast) shares DR with monkey stun(short cast time), dont forget pet dismiss for new stun within that "17.5second" lock out.

Lullaby is listed as a stun but doesn't share DR with other stuns (according to rushun ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Monkey (4s) (dismiss monkey) + Scatter (4s) (summon crane) + Lullaby (4s) + Quaking Palm (4s) >15s so the stun maybe reset and now you'll get the 3s intimidation
Question is: does the count start when the spell ends, when its trinketted/interrupted (before or after half the duration) or when the spell is casted?

Users who are viewing this thread