Veteran Edition account (6.1 update)

I have a few level 19-20s with sooo much GF"d gear, it's not even kosher.

This could be fun.

MAJORLY agree on the 60s.

Keep in mind people who had f2p characters with xp locked at 19 had it turned back on when a hotfix was put in place. So don't think you'll be able to play 19 Twinks this way.

https://cynwise.wordpress.com/2011/10/11/f2p-unable-to-lock-xp/
If that ends up being the case, and I don't think it will be (the amount of tickets would be staggering), then I think many, many p2p twinks would just move up to whatever the xpac cap is. You'd have to be pretty dedicated to pay for 29s when 90s, or whatever, are free.

Also, I wonder if vet accounts can buy playtime with gold. Then you could just buy gametime with gold, if you ever need to do something on your main.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't it get reduced back to 10 upon changing zones for those who did the upgrade>chargeback thing on their starters?

I didn't test this one personally, but it seems ridiculous to log into a bank alt with 100k and just lose it all.

Well... maybe this is meant for something very different

MMO-Champion - Blizzard Sending Gift to Veteran Players

Again:

a player must have created a World of Warcraft account within 60 days of the game's release in America or Europe.

Its not sure whether veteran accounts are only usable for people playing for that long or are a new form of free accounts. Maybe it is only a classification system for boni like this and will never really see any use ingame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again:

a player must have created a World of Warcraft account within 60 days of the game's release in America or Europe.

Its not sure whether veteran accounts are only usable for people playing for that long or are a new form of free accounts. Maybe it is only a classification system for boni like this and will never really see any use ingame.

Bash has stated that as soon as your sub runs out your account reverts back into a starter account. With all the same restrictions, apart from being able to join a guild. And the "Veteran" name was more for internal testing. It will still be a starter account whenever they finally decide to announce it.

Which btw, im curious.

I didn't test this one personally, but it seems ridiculous to log into a bank alt with 100k and just lose it all.

You had or knew someone at one point that was a trial but GF'd into a guild correct? Could you access the guild bank?

Could you access the guild bank?

No guild bank access, which is why I'm wondering what will happen. The same with pet battles. Perhaps you will have to gear up with paid time, and then play as a vet. The fact vets can join guilds is already different, so it's not impossible that guild bank access will be available too.

I still think this should be a feature to let unsubbed p2p accounts level to 60 max until they resub. That bracket needs light again. And if that's so, it needs a raid finder for those old school raids.

Yes, I was hoping for this as well. Would be totally awesome to be able to play all the vanilla content for free.

No guild bank access, which is why I'm wondering what will happen. The same with pet battles. Perhaps you will have to gear up with paid time, and then play as a vet. The fact vets can join guilds is already different, so it's not impossible that guild bank access will be available too.

What I quoted from Bashiok said all the same restrictions as f2p with the only exception being sub-20 toons could join a guild if you already had a toon in that guild. So taking that at face value would mean you can't pet battle, access the guild bank, or have xp locked below level 20.

If that ends up being the case, and I don't think it will be (the amount of tickets would be staggering), then I think many, many p2p twinks would just move up to whatever the xpac cap is. You'd have to be pretty dedicated to pay for 29s when 90s, or whatever, are free.

Also, I wonder if vet accounts can buy playtime with gold. Then you could just buy gametime with gold, if you ever need to do something on your main.

90 isn't free. The level cap is 20. You'll be locked out of characters above 20. WoW going f2p w/ Veteran status? - Forums - World of Warcraft

You couldn't buy playtime with gold without a current sub since you have no access to AH or player trades.

Again:

This thread is about something completely different. What you quoted is about a physical gift being sent to those who have played with no lapse since the beginning. What we are talking about here is being able to play up to level 20 on a p2p account when the sub lapses as explained by Bashiok in the link I provided.

Wow wow crazyness.

I really really doubt they will be turning XP back on again... It's like the gold cap, it might still be at 10 but if you have 1000 gold on your 20 and you run out of time there's no way in hell they are deleting 990 of it. You just probably can't get any more.

Man do we go 19?...

I personally like having a mount, so I'll probably stay 20-29. I will be enchanting/guild BoAs to level the playing field. Let some real competition begin... ;)

WoW going f2p w/ Veteran status? - Forums - World of Warcraft Page 7 confirms characters above level 20 will be locked.

Ya I just saw that on the thread.

Lol the way you worded that terrified me. As long as my f2p style p2p aren't effected or excluded in this patch.

Nah it's worded right. Gotta get dat math. Above level 20 would mean >20 which does not include 20. 20 and above or above 19 would include that ;)

Yea shouldn't be, and now you can play for free. I don't see a reason why everyone won't be doing this. Aside from the spells you miss out on from 21-29. I just have to decide if i want to start all over or start that long process of merging a f2p with a p2p account :-/ Like 3k away from "of the horde" on a pure trial too...

Users who are viewing this thread