10-19 Darkchewie's 19 FC Resto Druid Gear Guide

Re: Darkchewie's 19 Guardian Druid Guide - Warlords of Draenor

See I feel like it would make sense to do DPR + Garrosh for fcing and then Stillwater's + Argas for healing since the int will give higher rejuv tics for healing set which would be nice. Haste is already stacked highly in healing set so if you use dpr I feel as though the haste isn't much of a gain but the 3 crit + int from stillwater's would be nice for healing.

I really don't mean to be entering a guide and question the OP or anything, I'm just trying to figure out what would be best for me and if it makes sense / if I'm missing something.

I'd rather get the most out of my healing set before sacrificing some of it for secondary contributions for FC set if you get what I'm saying.

TLDR I feel like DPR + Garrosh for FCing and then Stillwaters + Argas for healing makes more sense to me unless I'm missing something

Edit but with crit being so low on resto druids, maybe it would make more sense to go Garrosh + Stillwaters for fcing and then DPR + Argas for healing?

It's really all preference. I use the stillwater's as my 2nd FC ring for the crit it provides over the intellect from argas, as that extra chance to crit is more beneficial over a long period of time than the base healing + damage you gain from the intellect.

I would use DPR for healing as the haste isn't doing anything for you as an FC.

For resto, Regrowth already has a base chance of 60% to crit. With normal heirloom gear you will get like 13% crit. So your regrowth will already have a 73% chance to crit and that's why I would go for dpr/argas for healing and garrosh/stillwater's for FC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Btw, the pvp shoulder enchant for 165 honor still gives 2 resilience. I wonder if it still gives a damage reduction in pvp? :O

For resto, Regrowth already has a base chance of 60% to crit. With normal heirloom gear you will get like 13% crit. So your regrowth will already have a 73% chance to crit and that's why I would go for dpr/argas for healing and garrosh/stillwater's for FC.

Cool I did not know that. Sadly the cir is only for like 800 :/ my shammy is much more effective at countering burst.

Cool I did not know that. Sadly the cir is only for like 800 :/ my shammy is much more effective at countering burst.

Yes, disc and resto shammy are superior when it comes to healing.

Btw, the pvp shoulder enchant for 165 honor still gives 2 resilience. I wonder if it still gives a damage reduction in pvp? :O

It does

Wouldn't it be better than 2 dodge the inscribe gives?

Its bis unless u can get the inscription shoulder enchant from max level

Awesome guide but I have a few alternatives that I use in my FC set which I think is worth mentioning.

First of all Bracers of the Ancient Grove - Item - World of Warcraft scale to 5 stam 4 agi which would be better for the extra dodge rating.

Fine Leather Gloves - Item - World of Warcraft Is a good alternative to blackened defias gloves if the person wants a bit of extra int, it scales to 6 stam 4 int (I heard adept's gloves scale to 6 stam 6 int but I haven't tested them personally so I cant confirm)

Footpads of the Fang - Item - World of Warcraft Scales to 6 stam 6 agility, it works very well with Belt of the Fang for the 5 intellect bonus and a good amount of dodge from the agility (I personally use these over TSS and Spidersilk Boots for the extra 7 armor and 11 agility while sacrificing only 3 int 2 stam)

I'm not saying any of this gear is any better but I think you should take them into consideration :)

Awesome guide but I have a few alternatives that I use in my FC set which I think is worth mentioning.

First of all Bracers of the Ancient Grove - Item - World of Warcraft scale to 5 stam 4 agi which would be better for the extra dodge rating.

Fine Leather Gloves - Item - World of Warcraft Is a good alternative to blackened defias gloves if the person wants a bit of extra int, it scales to 6 stam 4 int (I heard adept's gloves scale to 6 stam 6 int but I haven't tested them personally so I cant confirm)

Footpads of the Fang - Item - World of Warcraft Scales to 6 stam 6 agility, it works very well with Belt of the Fang for the 5 intellect bonus and a good amount of dodge from the agility (I personally use these over TSS and Spidersilk Boots for the extra 7 armor and 11 agility while sacrificing only 3 int 2 stam)

I'm not saying any of this gear is any better but I think you should take them into consideration :)

Agility is worthless for a resto druid so bracers of the ancient grove and footpads of the fang are worthless.

The fine leather gloves however may be a nice find, i'm going to see what armor they scale to in my next game and see if they are better than defias.

Agility is worthless for a resto druid so bracers of the ancient grove and footpads of the fang are worthless.

The fine leather gloves however may be a nice find, i'm going to see what armor they scale to in my next game and see if they are better than defias.

They scale to the same armor as Defias as far as I am aware

Yeah I would definitely recommend having a pair of boots for stacks

This was the weirdest thing. i was FCing and I was unaware until then that 6 stacks is now the movement speed nerf.

Also man I'm having a very difficult time figuring out the range on Shred... I'll get there with time, but on my rogue it appears to be exactly as large as range on sap is.

Did I notice that at 6+ stacks tiger's lust on me still increased my movement speed?

Mesikämmen @ Draenor - Community - World of Warcraft

Thoughts on resto FC gear? Got also dawnblade with colossus, +3stam spidersilks, stam satchel cloak with all resistances chant for stacks. Need to chant black wolf bracers later on. Chest doesn't have bis chant yet either. (defias / fine leather gloves?)

edit: updated a bit

Thoughts on resto FC gear? Got also dawnblade with colossus, +3stam spidersilks, stam satchel cloak with all resistances chant for stacks. Need to chant black wolf bracers later on. Chest doesn't have bis chant yet either. (defias / fine leather gloves?)

Defias scales to 7 stamina. I would probably go for defias. Also get heavy knothide for chest or any enchanting with 3 stamina. The crit leather shoulders would be better than haste as an FC, ironscale leg armor is probably better than sapphire for fc.

Defias scales to 7 stamina. I would probably go for defias. Also get heavy knothide for chest or any enchanting with 3 stamina. The crit leather shoulders would be better than haste as an FC, ironscale leg armor is probably better than sapphire for fc.

Got the chants updated now. Why crit over haste? I would imagine quicker heals to be better than a bit of rng stat :/

edit: updated a bit

Pretty sold FC set, you can use Footpads of the Fang - Item - World of Warcraft (6 agi 6 stam) and Belt of the Fang - Item - World of Warcraft (7 stam 5 agi) if it is a melee heavy team for the extra armor. You will also get 5 int bonus which is only 3 int less than TSS and Spidersilk.

Users who are viewing this thread