80 best in slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliks

Check it!
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]So many threads on this bracket forum, about different gear setup, etc.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]So i've decided to make 1. Will take some time ofc, and you're welcome to add some if you want to, just link 1 in a post, and why to use etc.
<
These setup's might not be what you prefer, since you might want billion haste over half haste half crit.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Ignore all specs i've made, i only did them on some like fury warrior for Titans crip.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]
class_warrior.jpg
Warrior
[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Fury[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]4/5 PVP Wrathful set with cata offgear & 2 Whitefins (Hawt).. Mastery > Crit > Haste[/font] - By Me

Full Wotlk PVP - By Peat

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Arms[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] 4/5 PVP Wrathful set with cata offgear.. Mastery > Crit > Haste - By Me[/font]

Full Wotlk PVP - By Peat - Off hand added by Me

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Prot[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] 4/5 PVP Wrathfull and Yrmijar sets for 2set bonuses. Mastery > Crit > Parry - By Stunggix[/font]

Splosion said:
titanium plating > shield spike for prot warriors and prot paladins. Being disarmed removes your ability to block.

class_paladin.jpg
Paladin
[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Holy[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] 4/5 PVPTryed to get the resilience high, without costing to much sp, mana and hp. Mastery > haste > crit - By Me[/font]

Falkor's Holy Pala (PVP)! With more focus on many and higher crits, and less resilience. - By Falkor

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Ret[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] 4/5 PVP Pretty much all in dps. You can change [Might of the Ocean] with Deathbringer's Will. Mastery > crit > haste - By Me[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Prot[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] 4/5 PVP balanced damage & survival.. - by Stunggix & I[/font]

Splosion said:
titanium plating > shield spike for prot warriors and prot paladins. Being disarmed removes your ability to block.

class_hunter.jpg
Hunter[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] [/font]4/5 PVP Tryed to balance it as much as possible. I wont make a spec for each class, since im guessing they need same gear (correct me if im wrong) Mastery > Haste = Crit - By Me

class_rogue.jpg
Rogue[/font]

-Combat

4/5 PVP Combat only: High hit chance than others..

Note to all 3 4/5 sets : High crit and descent mastery, combined with 20% resil.. If you want more mastery then use Elementium Dragonling over Grace of the Herald, you can also use Deathbringer's Will for the procs. - By Me

-Assa

4/5 PVP Read combat' 4/5 PvP info - By Me

-Sublety

4/5 PVP Read combat' 4/5 PvP info - By Me

class_priest.jpg
Priest

-Disc / Holy

4/5 PVP 2 wrathfull sets, for 2x set bonus.. Mastery > Haste > crit.. With entry point in Hohomastery(Peat) and I

-Shadow

4/5 PVP Steady haste and crit, with a descently high mastery on 26.36. Mastery > Haste >= Crit - By Peat & I

class_deathknight.jpg
Deathknight

-Blood

4/5 PVP High Mastery for big shields, at the cost of resilience.. Mastery > Crit = Haste - By Me

-Frost/Unholy

4/5 PVP PVE and PVP sets for bonuses. High haste and mastery. In frost spec, since Unholy just isnt viable. Mastery > Haste > Crit - By Me

class_shaman.jpg
Shaman[/font]

-Enha

4/5 PVP High burst combined with a descent amount of resilience.. Mastery > Crit > Haste - By me

-Resto

4/5 PVP High resilience combined with cata gear. Resilience > Mastery = Haste > Crit - By Me

-Elem

4/5 PVP Focus on high mastery! Descent haste and crit! Mastery > Haste > Crit! - By Me

class_warlock.jpg
Warlock

4/5 PVP Focus on haste for many dot tics, also descent crit, mastery and SP.. Haste > Master = Crit - By Me

class_druid.jpg
Druid[/font]

-Resto

4/5 PVP High resilience for survival. You can choose to reforge some crit to haste instead of mastery, if thats what you want. Mastery > Haste > Crit - By me

-Balance

4/5 PVP Doesnt need high mastery, since its not very viable. Crit = Haste > Mastery - By Peat

-Feral

4/5 PVP You can choose not to reforge neck, if you want expertise capped over the mastery.. Mastery > Crit > Haste - By Peat

class_mage.jpg
Mage[/font]

-Fire

4/5 PVP Focus on crit and mastery. Mastery >= Crit > Haste - By Peat & I

Full Wotlk PVP - By Peat

-Frost

4/5 PVP Focus on Mastery for high damage shatters. Mastery > Haste >= Crit - By Peat

-Arcane

4/5 PVP PVE gear for high damage & low survivability. Mastery > Haste >= Crit - By Peat

Last edited by a moderator:
Checklog

10. November 2011

All 4/5 pvp sets.

11. November 2011

Changed arcane mages; feet, bracers and cloak enchant.

-Added Wotlk only Arms and Fury Warrior PVP - By peat

-Added Wotlk only Fire mage PVP - By Peat.. Added nitro boots to Chardev.

-Added Feral Druid's Herald of the Titans BIS - By Soberlol.. Changed leg armor, because old wasnt useable before lvl 85.

-Added Holy Paladin's Herald of the Titns BIS - By Me, with help from Falkor..

12. November 2011

-Added Falkor's Kitty BiS - Check out this thread's post

23. November 2011

- Changed cloaks on Warrior WOTLK ONLY sets by request by Splosion, so thanks for that.

- Added Herald of the Titans mage, only under arcane, since thats best spec for that.

-Added Splosions info about shield enchants.

-Added Herald of the Titans warlock.

25. November 2011

-Added Herald of the Titans hunter.

22. December 2011

-Will now only make chardevs on request.

If you want one made, just ask in this thread.

18. January 2012

-Added Retribution paladin and Resto shamam Herald of the titans chardevs to thread.

-Changed thrown/ranged in rogue chardevs on request by Splosion, since the old chardev throwns was from a quest, which required level 81

8'th February 2012

Moved all the Herald of the Titans chardevs to Best in Slot - Herald of the Titans

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this up for discussion? Coz i want to add few tweaks to paladin, and maybe add a frost DK entry.

Ok i got some stuff to add/fix to the holy pala setup u got going on.

First i would like to say that at this moment i do not play holy but only collecting gear to play in the future, so any of the following is taken from my personal experience but rather from hard facts.

It's a facts that 80 holy paladin is better then any above level holy paladin for 2 reasons.

He can use pvp gear to full potential.

Secondary stats do not get gimped by stat scaling.

Both things (resilience and secondary stats) are key to successful pvp play.

For holy paladin secondary stats and max out resilience is the key.

So i would suggest using this armory link http://eu.battle.net...%9furger/simple

I agree with everything but reforging, IMHO it dose not make any sense because there's no reforge focus, I see crit being reforged to mastery and on other items mastery being reforged into crit again thus going in circles.

I would reforge spirit and crit to mastery/haste.

As u can see resilience is at about 43%, i wouldn't go below 40%, u want to be as tanky as u can possibly be.

Unlike the majority of specs holy pala not so reliant on mastery, but not having any at all is not good either.

If u playing human id take secondary trinket Witching Hourglass, as already mentioned secondary stats overpower primary and you get 200 intellect.

I would like a reply from holy pala expert as well, coz this is just speculation i want to see if i got any of the theory right.

http://www.wowhead.com/profile=33723921 - my take on a hpal. would also be comfortable with stormforged gloves with mastery reforged to haste and +50 haste enchant, and witching glass as a viable trinket but i like lightning b/c you can macro it to wings and/or df for some big ol crits vs the rng (and icd) of witching. gemming can be a bit different too

xsif your theory is ok, but theres more than one right playstyle. i prefer a lower resil (my pally on live has 25% reduction - 751 resil) play that focuses on super high crit and high mastery. revolves around holy shock being a nigh guaranteed crit b/c a HS crit reduces the cast on divine light, holy light or flash of light by 1.5 sec...which with 34% haste means either instant flash of light (30k+ crits), or holy/divine (obvs always divine light unless youre oom for some reason) that only takes .745sec to cast. good luck to anyone but a blanket silencer on stopping that. and thats just with my gear, judgements of the pure, and hs crit up..still raid buffs, procs, pots, etc that can bring it even lower

spirit i dont need, almost never oom in pvp so thats one of the first things to reforge out of. mastery is ok, but not as good as crit or haste for my style so i also will reforge out of that. for gemming you could do 20 int in reds or 10int/crit or 10int/resil. for yellow you could do the hybrids or a 20 resil. for a blue socket or a bonus less than 5int do either 20 int or 20 resil. all depends on what you want

with my style i can still tank a team across a map, only dying if i have absolutely no cool downs, poor luck with crit, or get blanket silenced multiple times in a row (which will kill any healer if theres more than 1 dps on him and theyre locked out from healing for god knows how long)

for ret i prefer to go less resil, more cata. going off OP chardev:

change head to anomuran helm (50 ap/20crit enchant),

change neck to alicite of the earthbreaker,

change shoulders to raz's pauldrons (40ap/15 crit enchant, reforge hit to crit),

change chest to chestplate of viridian renewal (enchant +10 stats),

reforge haste -> crit on cloak,

reforge exp -> mastery on wrists,

*make sure to change the relic gem to 40 mastery (or anything else) if you dont have jc*

gloves you can leave as is, or use resteel gauntlets (haste reforged to crit, crusher enchant), or 277 t10 gloves (crusher enchant, 20 str gem, reforge hit to crit)

change reforging on signet so that its haste -> crit, not expertise

change might of ocean to porcelin crab (reforge dodge to mastery)

do that and chardev stats go to: 5.22% haste, 8.29% hit, 29.22% crit, 6 expertise, and 39.06 mastery

if you wanted to use 277 t10 hands you should compare the chest, helm, and leg slots with 277 and see if 277 would be better in any of those considering the 5% damage 2pc bonus. im guessing alpheus are better than 277, helm would be best bet if you want a meta slot, not sure about chest; too lazy to compare all that atm.

if you arent comfortable surviving w/o resil or dont have a healer you que with youre probably going to want the 4/5 wrathful with cata offset (like OP - but i would still change neck and the reforging). but with this set up, and esp. crab proc, you will obliterate people with 3pt TV crits

Any1 mind making a BIS Shadow priest? NOT ALL IN CATA
<

Shadow priest is only class/spec combo i have zero knowledge about.

shadowpriest pvp: http://chardev.org/?profile=270976 (maybe use 2 t10 - engi is better then jc for shadow)

firemage pvp: http://chardev.org/?profile=270985 (maybe use 2 t10)

frostmage pvp: http://chardev.org/?profile=270980 (maybe use 2 t10 - warlock chardev is pretty much the same, for affli haste>mastery i think)

arcanemage pve: http://chardev.org/?profile=270991

feraldruid pvp: http://chardev.org/?profile=270994

balancedruid pvp: http://chardev.org/?profile=270998

I think resil is viable until 33% for every dps class/specc, just healer need a little bit more (40%+).

For nearly all classes full catashitgear is better.

Alche+engi should be best for all dps speccs.

shadowpriest pvp: http://chardev.org/?profile=270976 (maybe use 2 t10 - engi is better then jc for shadow)

firemage pvp: http://chardev.org/?profile=270985 (maybe use 2 t10)

frostmage pvp: http://chardev.org/?profile=270980 (maybe use 2 t10 - warlock chardev is pretty much the same, for affli haste>mastery i think)

arcanemage pve: http://chardev.org/?profile=270991

feraldruid pvp: http://chardev.org/?profile=270994

balancedruid pvp: http://chardev.org/?profile=270998

I think resil is viable until 33% for every dps class/specc, just healer need a little bit more (40%+).

Thank you for the helt !
<

I will use these, prob change some on all, when i get looked into them better, but it gives me a solid start on those
<

20 expertise.

ewww exp ftl man. also you should keep experimenting and see if you find yourself comfortable with less and less resil, cuz cata pve stuff rly buffs mastery which can make rets flatten people

for feral druid: if youre going to wear 4/5 wrathful only do it for arena. and even there its a stretch.....also, if youre going to do 4/5 wrathful make sure to wear kelp forest chest and wrathful legs instead imo (http://www.wowhead.c...0.4102&l=80)

and i wouldnt sacrifice stats for wrathful offset pieces

33% is such an arbitrary number.....and no, every dps class/spec should not go to 33% resil. you even realize that since you contradict yourself right after by saying "catashitgear" is better.

oh and alch and engie are amazing, no doubt there. but lw, jc, inscription, and even enchanting all have upsides too

1st thing, what is ftl?

2nd, for ret dumping pvp gear for cata gear is just s smart as wearing full pvp , my 20% res pala gona own full cata pala every time(do not apply this logic to other classes, for example mages)

3rd, Engineering is twice as awesome for humans coz they can use dragonling trink with alch trink, but rocket boots and all that other bananza are small percs, i just like my epic JC gems, and JC is also my bread so i won't be dumping that. Ignorance is bless.

ftl=for the loss b/c expertise is pretty lame

and with ur 20 resil that 3pt TV crit with my higher mastery still gon take you down

like i said catashit is bis, u need no resil u can get killed in deepfreeze also with 50% resi, the bracket is fine. :/

(just made some devs with resi because he said "not all in cata".)

ftl=for the loss b/c expertise is pretty lame

and with ur 20 resil that 3pt TV crit with my higher mastery still gon take you down

You have obviously not given it as much thought as i did. I even tested this on an alliance pala camping in out flag room.

I don't know for sure but all the time i was playing ret i was(and still am) under the assumption that whatever u hit for with any of your strikes gets cut by resilience and then Hand of light triggered but that dmg will again get cut by resilience.

Tbh now i think its e a tie in full cata pal vs 20% res pal matchup. Hers my napkin math, your paladin character must gain 20% dmg increase from 4 pieces of armor in order to be tied vs paladin who gains 20% dmg reduction from same amount of pieces.

So you have to be either human or run around without pvp trinket and have both engineering and alchemy to gain 20% more HoL dmg. Also if resilience works vs paladin attacks the way i described above, you will in fact have to gain even more then 20% extra HoL dmg to cover from the loss of dmg of the main strike.

If you consider that my paladin is not human, and dose not have dragonling trink, it makes the rescilience gearing tactic the only viable tactic available to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread