80 best in slots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any idea what Shadow Priests must do now?

I've heard so many different stories, 40% haste and around 16 mastery rating seems to be the best atm.

For PvE*

i thought one of the last haste platues was around 30 or 35% with full buffs. whatever the case, just find that cuz there isnt too much benefit for going over, then dump the rest into your other 2ndary stats

i thought one of the last haste platues was around 30 or 35% with full buffs. whatever the case, just find that cuz there isnt too much benefit for going over, then dump the rest into your other 2ndary stats

Alright thanks, I'll reforge some haste into Crit/Mastery then, as I'm currently on 49% haste :x

Another question is double Solace of the Fallen still the best in slot as holy priest?

I just got the Heroic version, should I also get the normal one or keep using the Althor's Abacus combined with the HC version? My mp5 in combat is 1400 now.

those were bis so long ago. the spirit proc is pretty darn useless in pvp and pve, ive never had mana issues as a moonkin or holy paladin in either setting & 1400 sounds like total overkill. the only good thing about the heroic version is the amount of int, but its got no stats you can reforge. if you use cata gear one slot can be the hourglass or bottled lightning, h abacus is pretty good too

Another question is double Solace of the Fallen still the best in slot as holy priest?

I just got the Heroic version, should I also get the normal one or keep using the Althor's Abacus combined with the HC version? My mp5 in combat is 1400 now.

Unless you aint going on a raid set i would not use it.

But yes i do still believe that Solace Of the Fallen with Solace of the Fallen is best in slot Player vs. Environment unless you can get your hands on Glowing Twilight Scale or if you feel like getting alchely and Vibrant Alchemist Stone, both could take the normal version spot, i tend to ditch Althor's Abacus duo to the 45 internal cooldown who makes it pretty useless if not just looking at the intellect.

This is obviously my point of view.

- Nesy

Thanks for this topic and thread and thanks to all those that have worked on it. It has helped my warrior tremendously, and I am....almost...done with his upgrades.

I did find a mistake, I think, in the Chardev for a Fury warrior. In the shoulder slot is a wrathful piece that shows a shoulder enchant of +130 strength, +25 crit. Or am I missing something?

Please tell me I am missing something and that enchant exists!

Edit: Typo.

it exists for scribes, that is the inscription-only shoulder enchant much like the ring enchants an enchanter gets, or wrist enchants for LW, etc

it exists for scribes, that is the inscription-only shoulder enchant much like the ring enchants an enchanter gets, or wrist enchants for LW, etc

Ahhh. Thanks.

c[font=arial, sans-serif]an you ple[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ase m[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ake [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]a resto sh[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]am her[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ald ch[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ardev Th[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ank you[/font]

I've heard so many different stories, 40% haste and around 16 mastery rating seems to be the best atm.

For PvE*

In order to find out a decent % of haste you need to find the optimal haste breakpoints between each DoT

The forumula for this is:

100% divided by the amount of ticks a dot has

Half this amount to find the first additional tick

multiply the halfed amount by 3, 5 , 7, 9, 11 going up in 2 each time to find out the next individual breakpoint

in terms this would be:

100 / T / 2 = 1st Tick

(100 / T / 2) x 3 = 2nd Tick

(100 / T / 2 ) x 5 = 3rd Tick

Where 100 = 100%, T = Ticks

I did you a favour and figured out every single shadow priest breakpoint upto 150% as this is the amount of haste you will have with all haste buffs, witching hourglass and bloodlust up

Vampiric Touch: 5 Ticks with 0% haste

1st Tick = 10%

2nd Tick = 30%

3rd Tick = 50%

4th Tick = 70%

5th Tick = 90%

6th Tick = 110%

7th Tick = 130%

8th Tick = 150%

Devouring Plague: 8 Ticks with 0% haste

1st Tick = 6.25% Haste

2nd Tick = 18.75% Haste

3rd Tick = 31.25% Haste

4th Tick = 43.75% Haste

5th Tick = 56.25% Haste

6th Tick = 68.75% Haste

7th Tick = 81.25% Haste

8th Tick = 93.75% Haste

9th Tick = 106.25% Haste

10th Tick = 118.75% Haste

11th Tick = 131.25% Haste

12th Tick = 143.75% Haste

Shadow Word Pain : 6 Initial Ticks with 0% haste

1st Tick = 8.33% Haste

2nd Tick = 25% Haste

3rd Tick = 41.67% haste

4th Tick = 58.33% Haste

5th Tick = 75% Haste

6th Tick = 91.67% Haste

7th Tick = 108.33% Haste

8th Tick = 125% Haste

9th Tick = 141.67% Haste

Find an optimal Haste between all three and aim for that, this pretty much means at the certain % haste you'll get x amount of extra ticks

c[font=arial, sans-serif]an you ple[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ase m[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ake [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]a resto sh[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]am her[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ald ch[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ardev Th[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ank you[/font]

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=288571, this is something i made a while ago which i'd say to be Best in Slot

Olliks, calm down mate, he's trolling everyone, everyone who's decent knows that i'm the best twink in the 80-84 and all my comments are pure gold, simmer down lads, nothing to see here, and i know my elbow is below my waist magners!
<

No need to make fun of my disability, i'm going to report you and have all your comments removed.

Lunsh, I don't really agree with just giving people hand outs like that.

What to do is pop on wowhead and check stat weights for your class and pick gear based on that.

For PvE*

In order to find out a decent % of haste you need to find the optimal haste breakpoints between each DoT

The forumula for this is:

100% divided by the amount of ticks a dot has

Half this amount to find the first additional tick

multiply the halfed amount by 3, 5 , 7, 9, 11 going up in 2 each time to find out the next individual breakpoint

in terms this would be:

100 / T / 2 = 1st Tick

(100 / T / 2) x 3 = 2nd Tick

(100 / T / 2 ) x 5 = 3rd Tick

Where 100 = 100%, T = Ticks

I did you a favour and figured out every single shadow priest breakpoint upto 150% as this is the amount of haste you will have with all haste buffs, witching hourglass and bloodlust up

Vampiric Touch: 5 Ticks with 0% haste

1st Tick = 10%

2nd Tick = 30%

3rd Tick = 50%

4th Tick = 70%

5th Tick = 90%

6th Tick = 110%

7th Tick = 130%

8th Tick = 150%

Devouring Plague: 8 Ticks with 0% haste

1st Tick = 6.25% Haste

2nd Tick = 18.75% Haste

3rd Tick = 31.25% Haste

4th Tick = 43.75% Haste

5th Tick = 56.25% Haste

6th Tick = 68.75% Haste

7th Tick = 81.25% Haste

8th Tick = 93.75% Haste

9th Tick = 106.25% Haste

10th Tick = 118.75% Haste

11th Tick = 131.25% Haste

12th Tick = 143.75% Haste

Shadow Word Pain : 6 Initial Ticks with 0% haste

1st Tick = 8.33% Haste

2nd Tick = 25% Haste

3rd Tick = 41.67% haste

4th Tick = 58.33% Haste

5th Tick = 75% Haste

6th Tick = 91.67% Haste

7th Tick = 108.33% Haste

8th Tick = 125% Haste

9th Tick = 141.67% Haste

Find an optimal Haste between all three and aim for that, this pretty much means at the certain % haste you'll get x amount of extra ticks.

Chardev

I do not claim any credit for both above answers.

what would BIS herald of the titans for destro lock look like? would mastery and crit be the best stats or would haste and mastery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread